Saturday, June 19, 2010

Tomorrow - Final Meeting

Sunday is our final meeting. I have been waiting so long for this trip, I can't believe it is here in just four short days.

I remember back to the first meeting, last August when we were just trying to gauge the interest of the parish. Those who attended that first meeting have evolved from "interested" to "travelers". This trip will be life changing for our group. We will see things that we have never seen before, and experience people who will truly inspire us for years to come. It will be tough for our families to see us go, but I am confident that this is what God is calling us to do.

We are going with a spirit of openness, to experience and to be of service in whatever way we are needed. Our agenda is up to the staff at the WBC. This is a huge leap of faith for me, someone who always needs to have a plan...I am planning to not have a plan for this entire trip - well as soon as we touch down in Quito, at least.

Some technical stuff - I have changed the settings so that everyone can comment...please leave us your words of support and encouragement during this journey. Share with your family and friends if you would like. And most of all, please keep us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment