Friday, June 25, 2010

Day One - the Adventure Begins

Day one, the adventure begins

Even though I am exhausted (that is really an understatement), I am so excited about the trip and beginning our adventure, that, like clockwork, my eyes opened at 6:30 am local time and there was no thought of going back to sleep. I prompted opened my curtains to reveal the city and the sunrise. It’s a beautiful day, clear blue skies, a few puffy white clouds, and a little haze, but overall, wonderful. My room faces a busy street so throughout the night there were cars passing by. This morning there are buses (there are blue Metrobuses, and yellow buses) filled with people on their way to work or school, many taxis transporting folks, I even saw a pickup truck full, stop in front of the Center and what looked like a mom and her two children got out and walked into the Center’s grounds. Maybe we will meet them later?

Directly across the street from my room is a kennel/vet for dogs and cats: “Hospendaje Canino y Felino”. That explains the dogs barking throughout the night.

I also saw these two stray dogs wandering the streets this morning. There’s also an auto shop which hasn’t opened yet this morning. Right outside my window is a sign “Mini Mall CMT Centro del Muchacho Trabajor” that has signs for the stores that the Center runs...Muebles y Mas (furniture and more), Panaderia y Pasteleria (bakery), Mi Olla Quitena (my Quiteno cooking pot), the restaurant, Las Estilistas ( the beauty shop), and Taller de Confecciones (workshops, I think). I can’t wait to check out these stores more.

No comments:

Post a Comment