Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mark's Thoughts


       This trip has been very fun so far. It has made me realize how well off we are compared to the rest of the world. I didn't think it would be as obvious how much some families are struggling but this is a developing country and is always growing. They are not oblivious to the rest of the world and know that there is a better life out there. A lot of high schoolers are working towards scholarships for universities in the United States. But I also realize that they don't need the great computers and phones and little things that we take for granted. They don't really want them either, they seem much happier on average then me or my friends would ever be if we didn't have our phones and computers. I have also realized that they work very hard towards their goals. I think they see some of the 1st world countries and strive to get there. I don't have the same determination that they have. I think that people from the nice cities and towns from the US and the rest of the world do not have the same determination that they have and it is the Ecuadoreans' greatest asset. They are the some of the hardest working people in the world.

-Mark Bobich

No comments:

Post a Comment