Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ecuador bound!

Tomorrow morning our group is finally Ecuador bound! We are meeting, bright and early at the airport at 5am. Today I finally got all members of our group checked in after some frustration with the American Airlines website (sorry, American airlines). Brenda, at AGroup Travel, was super helpful in talking me through the issues I was having with the site. Thank you Brenda!

Came home early from work in order to organize my bags and finish packing. Planning to make a big dinner, with plenty of leftovers to feed Alan (my future husband :) for at least a couple of days, do a couple final errands and (try) to go to bed early. My daughter, Ana, will drive me to the airport tomorrow morning to meet the group.

Liz came by the office today (Wednesday, not being a normal work day for her) to ask me a couple of questions and drop off a gift for us. A big bag of fresh baked cookies! I'm sure they will come in handy as we're waiting at the airport between flights. We have a flight to DFW then MIA before we arrive in Quito at 10:55pm (EST). When we arrive, we'll settle into our rooms and say a prayer of thanks for having arrived safely, then say goodnight 'til the morning. More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment