Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ecuador Post script

We returned safely from Quito and today Katy and I began the process of picking up our daily lives here in San Francisco. The first things that I noticed were all of the daily blessings that we take for granted. We were able to have showers this morning with as much hot water as we wanted. My closet has so many outfits in it that I almost can't stand to look at all of my options. In every room of our house we have abundant possessions--more than we could ever use or need. Life is easy here, supported by technology, and those who come from other countries to work in our yards, and clean our homes. Today I remember fondly the clear blue sky of Ecuador, the breathtaking views of the mountains and the warmth of the people. I remember the smiles of the children who came to play with us and give us hugs. Wearing the bracelets that we bought from the women at the Hansen's clinic, I hold those who touched us in prayer today. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to go, in order to see.

Many thanks to Sabrina and the staff at St. Matthias who made this journey possible for Katy and I. It was wonderful to live in community with you all these last 10 days. We shared stories, laughter, pictures and experiences. May we continue to listen for the movement of the Spirit in our lives as we connect what we experienced in Ecuador to our lives in Redwood City. Peace, Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment